STATIC: HOW TO FIX A HAIR-RAISING PROBLEM
UPTOWN GIRL BLOG
IS DRY STATICY HAIR GETTING YOU DOWN?
It’s the middle of winter and we all know that feeling of staticy hair and flyaways, especially after you pull your favorite cozy sweater over your head.
It may seem impossible to tame the static in your dry hair this time of year, but there are just a few simple things you can do at home to help.
The first thing you can do is PREVENT static by adding positive charges to your hair:
KEEP YOUR HAIR MOISTURIZED with oils or butters that help seal in moisture.
2. AVOID PLASTIC BRUSHES. Use metal combs or natural bristle brushes.
3. DO A WEEKLY DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT using coconut oil or avocado can keep your hair looking sleek.
The second thing you can do is TREAT static if preventative measures fail. The following methods can help neutralize static:
1. RUB YOUR HAIR WITH A DRYER SHEET. You can also run dryer sheets over pillows and brushes to help eliminate static in your hair.
2. APPLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER to the ends of your hair.
3. SPRAY STATIC GUARD on a brush and lightly run it through hair.
4. PUT SOME WATER ON YOUR FINGERTIPS and smooth it over your hair to restore the positive and negative balance in your hair.
Static is a hair-raising experience that can sometimes be annoying and frustrating, but we hope it can be tamed with these simple methods.